having failed at doing things my way, I hand over my life to the Lord

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Beholding the Glory (again and again)

   "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." John 3:3

   Before my new life in Christ, I felt like all of my past failures stood between me and the good, happy person I wanted to be. I read many self-help books and tried to rid myself of past baggage by trying, trying, TRYING. But the most that got me was a false air of "spirituality".

   Despite my best efforts, the happiness I sought was impossibly far. I was encrusted with sin while stubbornly claiming, "I can save myself!"


  It was quite a process, but the Lord through His mercy showed me that the only way to be truly saved is to realize we can't do it ourselves, and let Him take over.

   "Well, I guess the Creator of All, the Almighty God is more suited to guide my life than I am." I was certainly good at messing things up and getting no where! 

   When I finally accepted the redeeming gift of Jesus (saved!), He went right to work.

   The Lord has promised his children a new life in Him. When we are born again, nothing is the same. I remember looking around my house, and being struck that the cutlery and carpet and even the walls felt like they had been breathed on by God. When the burden of sin is lifted, oh yes, everything changes!

   What a thrill, this path of refinement by His grace~

  Each time I surrender to Him, laying my hang-ups, fears, and hopes at His feet, I experience the richness of His love and the blessing of new life over and over again.

   Thank You Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment