having failed at doing things my way, I hand over my life to the Lord

Thursday, August 15, 2013

hello again, three years later

I forgot I had started a blog a few years ago. Didn't even remember the name, and wasn't until commenting on my sister's new blog that I saw that old username, small beginnings. "What's this?", I thought. Clicking on the little username, I was surprised to find an actual blog with... blog posts?!

How did I forget about this stuff? Three years is long, but forget-all-about-it long?

Anyways, re-reading what I've posted, the one thing that is so clear is God is amazing! I still struggle with being the woman He wants me to be, I still think I know more than I actually do, and have pride, selfishness etc. alive in my life. But God has continually showed me more of His character. He is patient, he is loving and gently points me time and time again to Jesus.

Jesus has done for me what I could never accomplish on my own. "It is finished" is what He said on the cross. That means DONE. I don't have to work to impress God with my "goodness" or "spirituality". My failings don't surprise Him in the least.

He's my Father in heaven and loves His children with an everlasting love.

I considered deleting some stuff from my past posts, but I want this blog to be real. Even if I never continue with it. This blog is written by someone who is often too big for her britches, or has a totally immature view of God and the world. But she's someone God has taken to be His. A daughter of the King, redeemed and loved not for my ability to have it all together, but because that's just who He is. It's a love one can only accept with empty hands.

If I praise Him every day for the rest of my life, it only points to a pale shadow of the amazing things He has done for me in Jesus.

Do you know Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment